Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pom Thangs!



So, you may think Petaluma's Craft First Family had been drinking one too many craftini's (oh yes, a special PCM martini recipe) while dipping into the pom poms one crafty afternoon.

Nope, just coffee and birthday cake at this crafty meeting one lovely, sunny morning.
We decided we needed to leave business on the back burner and do some craft for some promos I'd concocted. My vague goal was to make "chicks" as P-Town is famous for our chickens, butter and eggs, film galore and of course wrist wrasslin' - yup, we got it all! However, I'd never worked with poms before, so my plan, per usual was off the cuff.

As these things go, sometimes you just can't premeditate, and as we talked we sort of got in a "craft zen" (you crafters know what I'm talking about) and our Pom Pom chicks, came out looking like bugs, chicks and punk rockers - -even a few KISS look-alikes in the bunch.

So, I'm not sure If we are gonna use these as promos or not (LOL) but they were hella fun to make, and I was amazed to see what my crafty famiglia came up with out of felt scrap, glue and pom poms. They did me proud with their ingenuity! Check 'em out. High art or low art, who cares? Making Pom Thangs works up an appetite, and so we celebrated Elaine's birthday with a great 'ol cake Allison baked, yummmers!

A great project to do with kiddies on a rainy day or at a make n' take table at our next craft fair ...hmmmm.

Happy birthday to all my Leo lions and lionesses,

1 comment:

Elaine Elwick Barr said...

Mmmmm...and that sure was some YUMMY cake!!

I think our lil' chicks look like gangsta's in witness protection! Wasn't that the plan? ha ha...

This LEO says THANK YOU!!

Craft you later, Elaine